You’re a good driver. You always follow the laws, and do your part to keep others safe when you share the road. When another driver fails to drive with the same care and causes an accident, you pay the price.
Immediately after a Harris County car crash, your life is turned upside down. Suddenly, you are faced with severe injuries that could impact you for the rest of your life. The other driver and the insurance adjuster may seem sympathetic at the time of the crash, so it is natural to assume that they will willingly pay for all of your costs related to the accident. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.
How a Harris County Car Accident Attorney Can Help
Immediately after your car accident, it is critical that you seek help from an attorney you can trust. Although it may be tempting to try to manage your car accident settlement on your own, there are a number of ways an attorney can help you get more money and save you the stress of having to take on the insurance adjuster alone.
Here are five reasons why having an attorney on your side is so valuable:
- He will talk to the insurance company for you. The insurance company does not have your best interest in mind. Instead, the adjuster you work with is trying to find as many ways as possible to pay you as little as possible. One wrong answer to one of their many questions could cost you thousands of dollars. With an attorney on your side, you don’t have to worry about making a misstep because the attorney will handle the communications with the insurance for you.
- He will help you understand your rights. Car accident victims have rights, but unless you’ve ever been in a car accident before, you may not know all of your rights after a crash. With an attorney working with you on your settlement, you get a better understanding of what you are entitled to. Knowing your rights can strengthen your claim and help you find all the compensation you have available to you.
- He will l find hidden sources of money. Sometimes, there is more than one way to receive compensation after a car crash. Those who try to handle claims on their own often do not realize that there are other sources of money available. Your lawyer can help you find these extra pockets of money so that you can get the compensation you need.
- He will prove the other driver was at fault. No matter what was said at the scene of the crash, the insurance adjuster is constantly looking for ways to pass some of the blame onto you for the accident. Being found at fault for any portion of the crash means less money for your settlement. With a lawyer on your side, you get the defense you need so that you are not proven at fault for a crash.
- He will stop you from having to pay for someone else’s mistakes. You were not the one to cause the crash, so you should not be the one who has to pay. Having an attorney working on your case to defend you means you minimize your risk of being found at fault for any portion of the accident, and you will not be forced to pay for the errors of another driver.
At Cristobal Galindo Law, we know you may have never imagined yourself in a situation where you’d need a lawyer. When a catastrophic car accident happens, putting a Houston car accident attorney on your side is a smart, necessary move.
Still not sure if you need a lawyer? Schedule a FREE consultation using the form on this page to learn more. We’ll let you know if we’re the right fit for your case, giving you peace of mind that you’re making all the right choices when it comes to handling your Houston car crash claim.